A heart attack is an unexpected, in some cases fatal occurrence that stops a part of the heart muscle. The blood flow is limited because of the arterial plaque.
The plaque is the one that causes the problems with the flow of blood; therefore, it builds on the aerial walls and creates a blood clot.
According to recent research, cardiovascular diseases are behind the deaths of 1 million people per year.
Moreover, researchers claim that this year approximately 920,000 Americans may have a heart attack.
So, to avoid it, we can start by changing our habits and way of life, with a few changes to our diet and focus on a healthy living.
Besides, the Karolinska Institute claims that by following these habits you can reduce the chance of getting a heart attack by even 80%.
Five Habits for 80% less Chance of Getting a Heart Attack
1. Eat healthy
2. No smoking
3. Regular physical activities
4. No alcohol
5. Healthy waist circumference
A healthy diet is a key to lowering cholesterol and LDL.
Moreover, processed foods, sugar and refined carbohydrates should not be a part of your regular diet.
Nevertheless, the saturated fats from lard, butter, and eggs can help your body become healthier.
Create a Healthy Plan
– Start by regularly eating fruits and veggies. Plus, add some antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to your diet.
All of these are great for the heart and have anti-inflammatory properties.
– Balance your omega-3 and 6 ratios, because they can affect your mental and physical health.
In addition, replace the vegetable oil with high-quality krill oil. Try adding more fish (like sardines) and anchovies) to your diet.
– Use protein as a substitute for grain carbohydrates.
Therefore, you need more fats of high quality, like nut oil, coconut oil, organic egg yolks, coconuts, raw nuts, raw dairy, avocados, butter and grass fed meat.
– Avoid processed sugar, fructose and grains.
According to Health Experts
Health experts claim that people who consume fruits more regularly have a 40% chance to lower their risk of getting cardiovascular diseases.
The reason why they recommend consuming more fruit is that they believe the fruit is a source of energy for the body.
Additionally, it can help the body avoid increasing the levels of blood sugar.
Moreover, people with diabetes who suffer from insulin and leptin resistance and are overweight should avoid eating too much fruit.
People should not eat more than 15 grams per day.
Types of Cholesterol
- High-density cholesterol (HDL)
- Low-density cholesterol (LDL)
Even though the HDL is beneficial for the health, the LDL is not. The LDL is harmful because it causes plaque to build up.
To increase the levels of cholesterol you should eat more bread, soda, and white flour.
Medications for Diabetes
A typical medication for diabetes is metformin. It is closely related to the low levels of hormones and the stimulation of the thyroid.
Therefore, it can lead to cardiovascular problems and atrial fibrillation.
In addition, it may cause congestive heart failure and even affect your overall health.
Patients who do not need heart surgery take beta-blockers. There have been 800,000 deaths caused by these blockers.
They can prevent the adrenaline to bind itself to the beta-receptors, in other words, it prevents the norepinephrine, epinephrine, and neurotransmitters.
8 Ways to Protect Your Heart
- Consume unprocessed saturated animal fats.
- Do regular exercises like stretching, lifting and high-intensity interval training.
- Take more vitamin D, by either walking in the sun or taking supplements.
- Avoid stress and anything that might cause anxiety.
- Walk barefoot to get the necessary antioxidants from the earth to reduce inflammation.
- Avoid statins, they can have side effects.
- Do not sit for too long.
- Avoid fructose, processed grains, and sugars.